Elevating San Diego…
ON A GLOBAL PLATFORM THROUGH SPORTS AND INNOVATION.
We all LOVE San Diego. Each of us has a deep sense of connection to this beautiful region, and as civic leaders in the community, we have come together to further cement San Diego’s place on a global platform while promoting the economic growth and quality of life of the San Diego Mega Region by increasing awareness about our unique culture, lifestyle and economic assets.
The San Diego Exploratory Foundation is a California registered 501c3 non profit organization that seeks projects which support the essence of San Diego as the hub of sports and active lifestyle as well as the region’s innovation DNA.
Vincent E. Mudd
Chairman of the Board
With that in mind, SDEF was the entity that galvanized the community to pursue the 2024 Summer Olympic Bid. That effort led to the opportunity of a successful bid for the inaugural Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) World Beach Games 2019. Our effort promoting our region’s ability to host large scale multi-discipline sporting events led to a successful bid to host the 2017 and 2018 USA Masters Games.
We will keep promoting our region and engaging in exciting projects. We invite you to join us because together San Diego can continue to rise as a leader on a global platform.
Group of Volunteers and Leaders at a Volunteer rally during the bid phase for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games.
- Transform our Mega-Region into the most competitive global center for innovative Sports and Active Lifestyle culture.
- Reach out to our youth early in their development and support them as they grow competitively.
- Seek out and support technological advancement in the area of sports performance which supports the health and wellness of athletes.
- Follow its North Star: “None of us is as good as all of us when we are working together for the good of the Mega-Region.”
Annually, it will:
- Attract International Sports Competition to our Mega-Region.
- Recognize individual and group achievement.
- Leverage existing regional infrastructure in a sustainable manner to minimize waste and destruction to our environment.
- Develop Bi-National collaborative cultural opportunities to share our Sports and Active Lifestyle Culture.